Open main menu

Category:Green-Wood Cemetery entrances

English: The Gothic Revival northern gate of Green-Wood Cemetery was built in 1861-65 and was designed by Richard M. Upjohn of Richard Upjohn and Sons. The arches are made from New Jersey brownstone, while the sculpted Nova Scoita sandstone panels by John Moffit feature themes relating to death and resurrection. The gates, which have been a New York City landmark since 1966, were restored in 1996 by Platt, Byard and Dovell. The Fort Hamilton Parkway entrance was designated a NYC Landmark on April 12, 2016. (Source: NYCLPC Press Release)

Media in category "Green-Wood Cemetery entrances"

The following 85 files are in this category, out of 85 total.