Category:Grove Gardens Chapel, Richmond
Grove Gardens Chapel was built about 1875 in the Gothic revival style for Richmond Cemetery. The architect was Sir Arthur Blomfield. Disused since 1964 it was leased to the Environment Trust and restored in the 1990s, financed by grants from English Heritage, Heritage Lottery Fund and local donations. The entrance arch is inscribed "IN THE GARDEN THERE WAS A NEW SEPULCHRE, THERE LAID THEY JESUS". The chapel is currently used as a nursery.
Media in category "Grove Gardens Chapel, Richmond"
The following 7 files are in this category, out of 7 total.
- Former chapel just outside Richmond Cemetery.jpg 2,448 × 3,264; 3.44 MB
- Grove Gardens Chapel, Richmond, central panel of mosaic.jpg 4,000 × 2,768; 3.4 MB
- Grove Gardens Chapel, Richmond, interior.jpg 2,660 × 4,000; 2.41 MB
- Grove Gardens Chapel, Richmond, left hand panel of mosaic.jpg 1,933 × 4,000; 2.3 MB
- Grove Gardens Chapel, Richmond, right hand panel of mosaic.jpg 2,065 × 4,000; 2.58 MB
- Grove Gardens Chapel, Richmond, stained glass window.jpg 556 × 1,500; 323 KB
- Grove Gardens Chapel, Richmond.jpg 4,000 × 2,672; 2.28 MB