English: The Guardian Building — a landmark skyscraper located on Woodward Avenue in Downtown Detroit, Michigan.
- Bold example of Art Deco architecture, with extensive building decoration using architectural sculptures, Rookwood and Pewabic tiles and pottery elements, and custom metalwork.
- Built in 1929, the building was originally called the Union Trust Building, and is now the headquarters of Wayne County.
- The skyscraper is a contributing property to the Detroit Financial Historic District, a National Historic Landmark, and on the National Register of Historic Places.
Media in category "Guardian Building"
The following 38 files are in this category, out of 38 total.
- DetroitSkyscrapers.jpg 2.24 MB
- Glass block window.jpg 2.4 MB
- Guardian Building entrance.jpg 1,014 KB
- Guardian Building grill.jpg 2.92 MB
- Guardian Building Lobby.jpg 1.88 MB
- GuardianBldgDetroit.jpg 627 KB
- Guardianbuilding.jpg 219 KB
- GuardianBuildingCP.jpg 104 KB
- Guardianinterior.jpg 309 KB
- WIndow detail.jpg 1.81 MB