English: Haighton is a civil parish in the City of Preston, England. It is a rural area north east of the urban city of Preston, beyond Fulwood and Brookfield, containing the hamlets of Haighton Green and Haighton Top. It is separated from the city by the M6 motorway, with junction 31A at the boundary with Brookfield. The area was intended to become a residential suburb as part of the Central Lancashire New Town, with population increasing to 29,100 by 2001 however it never occurred and the area has remained rural. It has a population of 197. (→Haighton)
Nederlands: Haighton is een plaats en civil parish in het bestuurlijke gebied Preston, in het Engelse graafschap Lancashire met 197 inwoners. (→Haighton)
|Instance of||civil parish|
|Location||Preston, Lancashire, North West England, England, UK|
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Haighton Manor (2 F)
Media in category "Haighton"
The following 5 files are in this category, out of 5 total.
- Ash Tree, Haighton - geograph.org.uk - 538834.jpg 640 × 480; 111 KB
- Bridge over Savick brook - geograph.org.uk - 1539035.jpg 640 × 480; 122 KB
- Looking over the valley of Savick Brook - geograph.org.uk - 1053560.jpg 640 × 480; 118 KB
- Derelict Farm Buildings near Dingle Wood - geograph.org.uk - 67114.jpg 640 × 480; 106 KB
- Haighton Hall near Haighton Green - geograph.org.uk - 131844.jpg 640 × 480; 86 KB