The Harlem Courthouse at 170 East 121st Street on the corner of Sylvan Place (a remnant of the former Boston Post Road) in the Harlem neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City, was built in 1891-93 and was designed by Thom and Wilson in the Romanesque Revival style. The brick, brownstone, bluestone, granite and terra cotta building features gables, archways, a octagonal corner tower and a four-faced clock. It was built for the Police and District Courts, but is now used by other city agencies. (Sources: AIA Guide to NYC (5th ed.) and Guide to NYC Landmarks (4th ed.))
This is a category about a place or building that is listed on the National Register of Historic Places in the United States of America. Its reference number is
|Location||Manhattan, New York City, New York|
|Heritage designation|| |
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Harlem Courthouse murals (5 F)
Media in category "Harlem Courthouse"
The following 3 files are in this category, out of 3 total.
- (King1893NYC) pg260 HARLEM MUNICIPAL BUILDING, SYLVAN PLACE AND 121ST STREET.jpg 1,297 × 1,549; 1.3 MB
- Harlem Courthouse.jpg 2,377 × 3,124; 1.46 MB
- Harlem-courthouse-170e121.jpg 2,679 × 2,417; 1.27 MB