English: The Harlem Renaissance was a cultural movement that spanned the 1920s and 1930s. At the time, it was known as the "New Negro Movement", named after the 1925 anthology by Alain Locke. Though it was centered in the Harlem neighborhood of New York City, many French-speaking black writers from African and Caribbean colonies who lived in Paris were also influenced by the Harlem Renaissance.
This category has the following 10 subcategories, out of 10 total.
- ► Leslie Bolling (1 P, 7 F)
- ► Aaron Douglas (painter) (8 F)
- ► Duke Ellington (4 C, 1 P, 68 F)
- ► Langston Hughes (1 P, 27 F)
- ► J. Rosamond Johnson (5 C, 10 F)
- ► Walter Francis White (10 F)
Media in category "Harlem Renaissance"
The following 13 files are in this category, out of 13 total.