Category:Hawarden, New Zealand
English: Hawarden is a small town in the Canterbury region of New Zealand's South Island. It is located near Waikari, just off State Highway 7. From 15 December 1884 until 15 January 1978, the town was served by the Waiau Branch, a branch line railway that at one stage was planned to become the Main North Line to Nelson and Blenheim. The Weka Pass Railway restoration project once had plans to retain the line through Hawarden, but later chose to terminate their line in Waikari. Some relics of the old railway line still remain at the site of Hawarden's railway station. (→Hawarden, New Zealand)
Media in category "Hawarden, New Zealand"
The following 16 files are in this category, out of 16 total.
- Hawarden Building 001.JPG 3.49 MB
- Hawarden Building 002.JPG 3.54 MB
- Hawarden Building 003.JPG 3.23 MB
- Hawarden Fire Station.JPG 4.01 MB
- Hawarden House.JPG 3.47 MB
- Hawarden Main Street 001.JPG 3.99 MB
- Hawarden Main Street 002.JPG 3.51 MB
- Hawarden Museum.JPG 3.7 MB
- Hawarden Post Office.JPG 4.21 MB
- Hawarden Trust Tavern.JPG 3.19 MB
- Hawarden War Memorial 001.JPG 4.19 MB
- Hawarden War Memorial 002.JPG 3.62 MB