Category:Hebrew National Orphan Home
The building at 57 East 7th Street between First and Second Avenues in the East Village neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City is a tenement building whose date of construction is unknown, although it was altered in 1938. In 1913 it was purchased by the Hebrew National Orphan Home, founded in 1912 by a committee of Bessarabian Verband, a group of Romanian Jews. The home later purchased another contiguous building and created a protected courtyard between them, doubling the home's capacity from 50 boys to 100. The home move to Yonkers, New York in 1920. The building at 57 East 7th Street is located within the East Village/Lower East Side Historic District (Sources: The Hebrew National Orphan Home: Memories of Orphanage Life and "East Village/Lower East Side Historic District Designation Report")
Media in category "Hebrew National Orphan Home"
This category contains only the following file.
- WTM3 NYU FC 2 0012.jpg