Open main menu

Category:Hibernia Bank Building (San Francisco)

English: The Hibernia Bank, headquartered in San Francisco, California, was founded in April 1859 as the Hibernia Savings and Loan Society. In 1892, the company built a Beaux-Arts headquarters at 1 Jones Street at the corner of McAllister and Market Streets, designed by Albert Pissis. Slightly damaged in the 1906 earthquake and fire, it re-opened again just five weeks after the calamity; Pissis designed an addition to the building in 1908.

The bank left the building in 1985, and, after a brief period in which it was used by the San Francisco Police Department, the building was vacant for decades, until it was restored and renovated in 2016. As of 2017, the building, re-branded as "One Jones", is being subdivided for leasing to tenants who need less than the building's overall 42,000 square feet (3,900 m2) of space.

Media in category "Hibernia Bank Building (San Francisco)"

The following 11 files are in this category, out of 11 total.