English: In the past, the term history painting included the paintings with scenes from classical history, Christian history, and mythology, as well as depicting the historical events of the near past. (These include paintings with religious, mythological, historical, literary, or allegorical subjects--they embodied some interpretation of life or conveyed a moral or intellectual message). But now is more common to use in only for clear historical subjects, as well from Ancient or modern history. The rise of this genre was in XVIII-XIX c. For religious painters please use Category:Religious painters.
|Category contains||human (painter)|
This category has the following 42 subcategories, out of 42 total.
- ► Frank Bernard Dicksee (2 C, 2 P, 31 F)
- ► Willem Geets (1 C, 1 P, 9 F)
- ► Fanny Inama von Sternegg (1 P, 8 F)
- ► Emanuel Leutze (3 C, 1 P, 33 F)
- ► Felipe Maso (1 C, 1 P, 5 F)
- ► George B. Matthews (8 F)
- ► Military artists (31 C, 2 F)
- ► Military paintings of Giovanni Fattori (27 F)
- ► Military paintings of Jean-Louis-Ernest Meissonier (4 C, 20 F)
- ► John Opie (4 C, 1 P, 103 F)
- ► Peter F. Rothermel (1 C, 1 P, 15 F)
- ► Otto van Veen (13 C, 1 P, 83 F)
Media in category "History painters"
This category contains only the following file.
- El Saco de Roma.jpg 1,894 × 1,269; 1.55 MB