Category:Holy Assumption Russian Orthodox Church (Kenai, Alaska)
|Object location||View all coordinates using: OpenStreetMap - Google Maps - Google Earth - Proximityrama|
English: The Holy Assumption Russian Orthodox Church in Kenai, Kenai Peninsula Borough, also known as Holy Assumption of the Virgin Mary Church, is one of the oldest Russian Orthodox churches in Alaska founded in 1846. It was built in 1891-93 according to a common Russian Orthodox Church design. In 1900, the bell tower and the fence around the church were both completed. This classic, Russian-style log village church now clad with beveled siding looks much the same today as it did in 1900s. The Holy Assumption Orthodox Church National Historic Landmark is on the east shore of Cook Inlet, 165 miles southwest of Anchorage. The site consists of the Church, the rectory, and a chapel. All are on what is known as the Russian Mission Reserve, 13.47 acres -- NPS: Holy Assumption Russian Orthodox Church.
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Media in category "Holy Assumption Russian Orthodox Church (Kenai, Alaska)"
The following 34 files are in this category, out of 34 total.
- Eglise orthodoxe de kenai alaska.jpg 804 × 1,180; 196 KB
- Holy Assumption Orthodox Church (20357895520).jpg 1,091 × 818; 142 KB
- Holy Assumption Russian Orthodox Church in Kenai, Alaska.jpg 941 × 674; 180 KB
- Iconostas Drawing Holy Assumption Russian Orthodox Church Kenai (Alaska).jpg 1,024 × 679; 108 KB
- Interior Holy Assumption Russian Orthodox Church.jpg 947 × 662; 150 KB
- Kenai Church.JPG 1,704 × 2,272; 884 KB
- Russian Orthodox Church, Alaska.jpg 1,900 × 1,914; 1.02 MB
- Russian Orthodox Church, Kenai, ca 1912 (THWAITES 269).jpeg 766 × 483; 39 KB
- Side drawing Holy Assumption Russian Orthodox Church Kenai (Alaska).jpg 1,024 × 681; 71 KB
- Свято-Успенская церковь (Кенай).jpg 4,751 × 3,166; 9.18 MB