Category:Holy Resurrection Russian Orthodox Church (Belkofski, Alaska)
English: The Belkofski’s first Holy Resurrection Orthodox Church was erected in 1843. A replacement church was constructed in 1880. In 1982, Belkofski’s residents evacuated the village and relocated to King Cove, Alaska. They moved the historic 19th century icons and liturgical items to a new church in King Cove dedicated to Saint Herman of Alaska. Abandoned church in Belkofski burned to the ground along with the parish cemetery in 2013.
church building in Aleutians East Borough, United States of America
|Instance of||church building|
|Location||Aleutians East Borough, Alaska|
Media in category "Holy Resurrection Russian Orthodox Church (Belkofski, Alaska)"
The following 4 files are in this category, out of 4 total.
- Church interior, Belkofski, Alaska.png 709 × 428; 238 KB
- Holy Resurrection Russian Orthodox Church, Belkofski, Alaska.jpeg 640 × 480; 51 KB
- Village of Belkofski, ca 1912 (THWAITES 16).jpeg 766 × 448; 38 KB