The former house of Tan Yeok Nee at 101 Penang Road, Singapore 238466, constructed between 1882 and 1885 as a residence by Teochew merchant Tan Yeok Nee (陈毓宜; also known as Tan Hiok Nee 陈旭年), is the last remaining example of the "Four Grand Mansions" built by Teochew businessmen in Singapore. It was modelled after Cong Xi Gong Ci (从熙公祠), his house in his hometown of Jinsha Xiang (金砂乡) in Chaozhou, Guangdong, China, which had been completed in 1884.
Tan's family sold the house and its grounds to the British Government, and it was occupied by the Station Master of Tank Road Railway Station after it opened in 1902. By 1912 it was known as Temple House because it looked like a Chinese temple, and was given on trust by the Government to the Anglican Diocese of Singapore which used it as Saint Mary's Home and School catering to Eurasian girls. From 1938, the house was used as the Malayan headquarters of the Salvation Army. During the Japanese occupation of Singapore it was used by Imperial Japanese Army for storage. Following World War II the house was reclaimed and renovated by the Salvation Army, and was officially reopened as The Salvation Army Command Headquarters on by the Governor of Singapore, Sir Franklin Charles Gimson. The Salvation Army relocated in 1991, and after renovations in 1999 and 2000 the house was taken over by the University of Chicago Graduate School of Business (now the University of Chicago Booth School of Business).