English: A hypothesis (plural hypotheses) is a proposed explanation for a phenomenon. For a hypothesis to be a scientific hypothesis, the scientific method requires that one can test it. In contrast, Conjectures are statements which cannot necessarily be empirically tested.
proposed explanation for an observation, phenomenon, or scientific problem
This category has the following 18 subcategories, out of 18 total.
- ► Gaia hypothesis (1 C, 4 F)
- ► Hypothetical objects (5 C)
- ► Origin hypotheses of ethnic groups (2 C)
- ► Snowball Earth (1 C, 10 F)
- ► Videos of hypotheses (1 F)