- Look up "IMO 7108514"
- Type: Cruise ship
- Built by Rheinstahl-Nordsee, Emden, Germany
- Yard No: 414
- Launch Date: 6.3.71
- Named: 14.12.1971:
- Date of completion: 4.1.72
- Length overall: 168.7 m
- LPP: 144.1 m
- Beam: 24.6 m
- Gross tonnage: 20,216
- DWT: 3390
- Speed: 21.5 kn
- 14.12.1971 Named: ISLAND VENTURE Flag: Norway
- 04.01.1972 Completed for K/S Cruise Venture A/S & Co (Norwegian Cruiseships A/S managers) Norway.
- 09.1972: Sole owners now Fearnley & Eger A/S, Oslo. Renamed: ISLAND PRINCESS for cruising from US ports. Flag: United Kingdom
- 28.11.1972: First cruise under her new name from Ft Lauderdale to Los Angeles.
- 04.12.1974: Purchased by P&O Lines Ltd (P&O Passenger Division, managers and operators). Accommodation now 600 passengers. She and Pacific Princess appeared in the US *television show ‘Love Boat’, although the latter appeared the majority of the time.
- 1977: Managers and operators restyled P&O Cruises Ltd.
- 07.1985: Deadweight now 2,859 tonnes.
- 11.02.1986: Management transferred to P&O Lines Ltd. Operation transferred to Princess Cruises.
- 20.07.1986: Owners restyled P&O Lines (Shipowners) Ltd.
- 09.1986: Passenger capacity now 624.
- 15.03.1991: Sold by P&O Lines (Shipowners) Ltd to Abbey Nation al March Leasing (1) Ltd and leased back.
- 09.03.1992: Managers P&O Lines Ltd renamed P&O Cruises Fleet Services Ltd.
- 1993: Refit at Sembawang Shipyard, Singapore. The largest such job yet undertaken by the yard.
- 01.01.1994: Managers P&O Cruises Fleet Services Ltd replaced by Princess Cruises Fleet Services.
- 20.05.1994: New Certificate following re-measurement. Gross tonnage now 20,186 gt, net tonnage now 7,865 nt.
- 02.1997: Deadweight now 2,744 tonnes, speed 18.5 knots, passenger capacity 640 (cert 751), crew 371.
- 07.12.1997: Suffered an explosion in an exhaust gas boiler economiser which killed one technician and severely injured three others during sea trials after hull and propeller repairs in Naples.
- 15.03.1998: Began Princess Cruises’ first ‘world cruise’ from Civitavecchia to Athens, Haifa, Suez, Salalah, Oman, Bombay, Penang, Singapore, Ho Chi Minh City, Hong Kong, Manila, Ambon, Cairns, the Great Barrier Reef, Sydney, New Zealand, Fiji, American Samoa, Hawaii and San Francisco.
- 06.04.1999: Sold to Hyundai Merchant Marine Company Limited for further trading. Renamed: HYUNDAI PUNGAK. Flag: United Kingdom Her job was to transport South Korean pilgrims to religious sites in North Korea.
- 2001: Briefly renamed: PLATINUM. Flag: Panama
- 2001: Sold to All Leisure Group Plc (Voyages of Discovery, operators) and renamed: DISCOVERY. Flag: Bermuda
- 2001/2003: Underwent a major refit.
IMO number : 7108514
Name of ship : DISCOVERY (01/12/2002–01/10/2014) → AMEN (since 01/10/2014)
Call Sign : ZCDG2 → V4DL3
MMSI : 310382000 → 341683000
Gross tonnage : 20216 (since 01/02/2003)
DWT : 2859
Type of ship : Passenger (Cruise) Ship (during 1971)
Year of build : 1972 (Fakta om fartyg : Levererades 4 januari 1972 till Norwegian Cruiseships, Oslo, Norge)
Flag : Bermuda (since 01/12/2002) → St.Kitts and Nevis (since 01/10/2014)
Port of registry : Hamilton → Basseterre
Status of ship : In Service/Commission (since 10/07/2008) → To Be Broken Up (since 14/10/2014)
Registered owner : VOYAGES OF DISCOVERY LTD Lynnem House, 1, Victoria Way, Burgess Hill, West Sussex, RH15 9NF, United Kingdom (since 01/10/2005) → RPTD SOLD UNDISCLOSED INTEREST Unknown. during 10/2014