The Illinois Terminal at 45 East University Avenue in Champaign, Illinois is an intermodeal facility which opened in 1999, and provides Amtrak train service and various bus services to the Champaign-Urbana area. Owned by the Champaign Urbana Mass Transit District, the building, which opened in 1999, also contains a school, offices, meeting spaces and banquet rooms. The building was named for the Illinois Terminal Railway, an electric interurban line that ran from Champaign, and at one time extended as far as St. Louis. The track and platforms of the Illinois Terminal are owned by the Canadian National Illinois Central Railroad (Source: )
|Object location||View all coordinates using: OpenStreetMap - Google Maps - Google Earth - Proximityrama|
Media in category "Illinois Terminal"
The following 6 files are in this category, out of 6 total.
- Amtrak 517 a GE Dash 8-32BWH locomotive at Champaign Urbana IL - panoramio.jpg 2,781 × 1,922; 755 KB
- Champaign Illinois 20080301 4108.jpg 3,316 × 1,968; 1.97 MB
- Illinois Terminal 2005.jpg 640 × 480; 56 KB
- Illinois Terminal Champaign Illinois.jpg 2,988 × 1,817; 1.16 MB
- Intermodal Transportation Center.JPG 3,648 × 2,736; 2.46 MB
- The City Of New Orleans Train @ Champaign Urbana Illinois. - panoramio.jpg 2,796 × 1,869; 595 KB