academic study of the history and cultures, languages, and literature of the Indian subcontinent
|Subclass of||Oriental studies,
|Part of||Oriental studies|
English: Indology is the academic study of the languages and literature, history and cultures of the Indian subcontinent (most specifically including the modern-day states of India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Pakistan), and as such a subset of Asian studies. Indology may also be known as Indic studies or Indian studies, or South Asian studies, although scholars and university administrators sometimes have only partially overlapping interpretations of these terms.
Français : L'Indologie
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Media in category "Indology"
The following 7 files are in this category, out of 7 total.
- Kanai Baraxiboa rock inscription.png 1,016 × 337; 39 KB
- Les civilisations de l Inde - Gustave Le Bon.jpeg 1,143 × 1,523; 352 KB
- Michel Danino.png 727 × 620; 288 KB
- Reinhold Rost (1822-1896), Signature.jpg 853 × 378; 107 KB
- Reinhold Rost, Porträt mit Signatur, um 1890.jpg 2,707 × 3,926; 3.23 MB
- Reinhold Rost, Porträt, um 1890.jpg 1,839 × 2,362; 1.87 MB
- The Religion of the Veda.djvu 4,963 × 7,017, 316 pages; 18.69 MB