The Inquirer Building, built in 1924 as the Elverson Building, at 400-440 N. Broad Street between Callowhill and Spring Garden Streets in the Callowhill neighborhood of Philadelphia, was designed by Rankin, Kellogg & Crane and Arey Roydhouse in a combination of the Art Deco, International and Beaux Arts styles. Built as the headquarters of the Philadelphia Inquirer by James Elverson Jr., and named in honor of his father, James Elverson, in 1957 Walter Annenberg bought the Philadelphia Daily News and merged the two newspapers. operations in the building. In 2011, the building was sold to a developer who intended to convert it into a mixed use complex of retail stores, offices and apartments, and the two newspapers moved into the old Strawbridge & Clothier department store at 801 Market Street. In 1966 the Inquirer Building was added to the National Register of Historic Places.
Media in category "Inquirer Building"
The following 9 files are in this category, out of 9 total.