Category:Jack Kerouac Alley (San Francisco)(Redirected from Category:Jack Kerouac Alley)
English: Jack Kerouac Alley, formerly called Adler Alley or Adler Place, and now named after the Beat Generation author, runs the one short block between Grant and Columbus Avenues in the North Beach neighborhood of San Francisco, California. The City Lights Bookstore is located on the northwest corner of the alley with Columbus Avenue. The alley was primarily used for dumping garbage when poet Lawrence Ferlinghetti, co-founder of the bookstore, developed the plan to repave the alley, make it into a pedestrian walkway, and dedicate it to Kerouac, who frequented the bookstore. The refurbished alley is now engraved with quotations, both Western and Chines, including from John Steinbeck, Maya Angelou, Ferlinghetti, and Kerouac himself. The alley was opened in March 2007 and a dedication ceremony was held in April of that year.
Across Columbus Avenue from the alley is Saroyan Place, a short cul-de-sac named after the Armenian-American writer William Saroyan.
|Object location||View all coordinates using: OpenStreetMap - Google Maps - Google Earth - Proximityrama|
One way alleyway in San Francisco
|Location||San Francisco, United States of America|
Media in category "Jack Kerouac Alley (San Francisco)"
The following 21 files are in this category, out of 21 total.
- 2017 Jack Kerouac Alley street sign.jpg 4,608 × 2,460; 1.39 MB
- 2017 Jack Kerouac Alley.jpg 4,608 × 3,456; 3.36 MB
- Beat Ground Zero San Francisco 2014 (14222878322).jpg 4,923 × 3,077; 11.37 MB
- Brotherhood in all corners of the world - Jack Kerouac Alley.jpg 1,600 × 1,200; 1,010 KB
- Ferlinghetti's plaque.JPG 4,311 × 3,312; 6.61 MB
- In the company of best friends there is never enough wine - Jack Kerouac Alley.jpg 1,600 × 1,200; 920 KB
- Jack Kerouac Adler.jpg 3,648 × 2,736; 3.39 MB
- Jack Kerouac Alley from Columbus Avenue.jpg 1,600 × 1,200; 1.17 MB
- Jack Kerouac Alley from Grant Avenue.jpg 1,600 × 1,200; 1.07 MB
- Jack Kerouac Alley street sign.jpg 703 × 1,024; 269 KB
- Kerouac's plaque.JPG 4,389 × 2,508; 5.84 MB
- Mark Bittner in Jack Kerouac Alley.jpg 4,752 × 3,168; 8.25 MB
- On the road (art).jpg 724 × 1,024; 261 KB
- Plaque with Kerouac's quote.JPG 4,416 × 3,312; 4.18 MB
- San Francisco 2014 (14026123927).jpg 4,788 × 3,192; 26.59 MB
- Steinbeck's plaque.JPG 4,416 × 3,312; 5.13 MB
- When you drink water think of its source - Jack Kerouac Alley.jpg 1,600 × 1,200; 1.16 MB