Category:Johan de Witt (ship, 1920)
- Built by: Nederlandse Scheepsbouw Maatschappij, Amsterdam
- Launched on 2nd May 1919
- LOA: 159.4 m
- Beam 18 m
- GRT: 10,519 tons
- twin screw, speed 16 knots
- 27th Jul.1920 Maiden voyage: Amsterdam - Southampton - Suez and the Dutch East Indies.
- Dec.1930 Laid up
- Nov.1932 re-entered service
- 1933 Refitted
- 1940 fitted out at Sydney as a troopship.
- During the war she sailed under Orient Line management.
- 1945 Returned to Stoomvaart Maatschappij "Nederland"
- 15th Dec.1948 Sold to Compania Maritima del Este, Panama rebuilt with only one funnel and renamed NEPTUNIA
- May 1949 Started her first voyage from Genoa to Lisbon, New York, Naples, Piraeus and Haifa.
- 9th Apr.1951 Last sailing for these owners from New York to Boston, Cherbourg, Southampton and Bremen.
- 1954 Sold to the Neptunia Shipping Co, Panama, sailed between Bremen and New York or Quebec/Montreal with intermediate calls.
- 2nd Nov.1957 she struck Daunts Rock at Cobh and beached in sinking condition.
- March 1958 Refloated and towed to the Netherlands where she was scrapped.
Media in category "Johan de Witt (ship, 1920)"
The following 5 files are in this category, out of 5 total.