Category:Joseph Conrad (ship, 1882)
Joseph Conrad, ex Georg Stage, is a tall ship built in 1882 in Denmark and is today moored at Mystic Seaport in Connecticut, USA.
- Length 30.7 m (100.8 ft)
- Beam 7.7 m (25.2 ft)
- Draft 3.3 m (11.0 ft)
- GRT 203
- NRT 149
- 1882 Built by Burmester & Wain, Copenhagen for Stiftelsen Georg Stages Minde, to be used as a schoolship. She was given the name Georg Stage
- 1934 Sold to the author Alan Villiers, who fit her out for a voyage around the World. He renamed the ship the Joseph Conrad
- 1938 Sold and used as a schoolship for the US Merchant Marine.
- 1946 Ended up as a museum ship at Mystic Seaport, Connecticut.
The ship is not to be confounded with the Georg Stage built in 1934-1935, which was named after it).
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Georg Stage (ship, 1882) (6 F)
Media in category "Category:Joseph Conrad (ship, 1882)"
The following 19 files are in this category, out of 19 total.