Category:Károlyi Mansion and Garden, Budapest

Magyar: Károlyi-palota, klasszicista épület. Anton Pius Riegl és Hofrichter József, 1832.. Cím: Károlyi Mihály utca 16., Ferenczy István utca 1., Henszlmann Imre utca 2.
English: The original Károlyi Mansion dates from the late 17th century but precise details of its initial construction are unknown. Count Antal Károlyi bought the palace in only in 1768, but the family retained the building for over 150 years, and underwent several renovations. Antal Károlyi's initial reconstruction was finished in 1791. Two generations later, Count György Károlyi began substantial renovations in 1832, turning the building into its modern neo-classical mansion. The work was started by Viennese architect Anton Pius Riegel and completed by Heinrich Koch (1781–1861). Starting in 1835, construction was overseen by Mihály Pollack (1773–1855), and the renovated building was officially opened in 1841. Laer in the 19th century, Miklós Ybl (1814–1891) carried out further construction and reconstruction, including the construction of a greenhouse, the fireplaces and likely the decorative design of the Chapel. From 1932–1953, it served as the location of the Budapest Picture Gallery. Since 1957, it has served as the Petőfi Literary Museum. Reference: History of the Palace, Petőfi Literary Museum
Not to be confused with Former Károlyi Mansion, Budapest District VIII.
Object location 47° 29′ 30.95″ N, 19° 03′ 33.7″ E View this and other nearby images on: OpenStreetMap - Google Earth - Proximityrama info
Icone chateau fort.svg

This is a category about a monument in Hungary, Identifier: 501

Subcategories

This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.

Media in category "Károlyi Mansion and Garden, Budapest"

The following 41 files are in this category, out of 41 total.

Read in another language