Category:Kilchoman Old Parish Church
church in United Kingdom
Kilchoman Old Parish Church, where Kilchoman may be translated from the Scottish Gaelic as "Cell of St. Conghan," another Irish saint, refers to the latest of five succeeding church buildings on the site at the geographic location named for it on the west coast of the Rinns of Islay. Each church had its own graveyard extending back into the middle ages. Constructed starting 1825, and abandoned 1977, the current church has an uncertain fate. The roof has fallen in. Demolition has been forbidden, but the current private owner has been unable to proceed with reconstruction. The various images show a progression of deterioration.
Media in category "Kilchoman Old Parish Church"
The following 11 files are in this category, out of 11 total.
- Cross-slab, Kilchoman - geograph.org.uk - 755205.jpg 480 × 640; 112 KB
- Kilchoman (northern) graveyard - geograph.org.uk - 341173.jpg 640 × 428; 171 KB
- Kilchoman Church - geograph.org.uk - 592390.jpg 640 × 480; 102 KB
- Kilchoman old church, Islay - geograph.org.uk - 15083.jpg 640 × 409; 111 KB
- Kilchoman Old Parish Church 20120412 from south.jpg 539 × 800; 172 KB
- Kilchoman Old Parish Church 20120412 grave slab Graham no. 40.jpg 800 × 278; 171 KB
- Kilchoman Old Parish Church 20120412 grave slab Graham no. 51a.jpg 800 × 299; 167 KB
- Kilchoman Old Parish Church 20120412.jpg 800 × 562; 126 KB
- Ruined church, Kilchoman - geograph.org.uk - 1420041.jpg 640 × 427; 297 KB
- The ruins of the church at Kilchoman - geograph.org.uk - 298208.jpg 480 × 640; 131 KB