Category:Kilmore, County Wexford
English: Kilmore ( Irish: An Chill Mhór, meaning "The big church") is a village in south County Wexford, Ireland, situated approximately 16 kilometres (10 miles) from Wexford town. Kilmore has a number of claims to distinction, including the tradition of carol singing in the village church at Christmas time, which has been taking place for over 200 years. The history of the Kilmore carols can be traced from the mid 18th century to the present day. They have been sung without a break since they were introduced to the parish by Very Rev. Peter Devereux, who was Parish Priest circa 1751. Some of them were written by Very Rev. William Devereux, P.P., Piercestown, a native of Tacumshane, where he is buried. The remainder were written by Bishop Luke Waddinge of Ferns.
Media in category "Kilmore, County Wexford"
The following 7 files are in this category, out of 7 total.
- Aromatherapy centre, Kilmore - geograph.org.uk - 1301978.jpg 640 × 480; 65 KB
- Tower House - geograph.org.uk - 804917.jpg 426 × 640; 76 KB
- Echo Beach - looking towards the sea - geograph.org.uk - 548622.jpg 640 × 480; 61 KB
- Filling up at Kilmore - geograph.org.uk - 654407.jpg 629 × 420; 169 KB
- Looking up Echo Beach - geograph.org.uk - 548620.jpg 640 × 480; 51 KB
- No 8. Echo Beach, Kilmore Quay - geograph.org.uk - 548617.jpg 640 × 480; 70 KB