Category:Kirkgate Market Bradford, carvings

Carved work salvaged from Kirkgate Market, Bradford by Bradford City Council. The market was designed by Lockwood & Mawson, completed 1872 and demolished 1973. In 2014 six carved stones and an iron lamp base were rescued from storage by a local action group. The pieces include a quince by William Day Keyworth junior. The rest, by Charles Mawer, are a cherub, two voussoirs from the main entrance arch, a capital, and a garland or swag. They were placed on public display on the steps of Merchants House, Peckover Street, Little Germany, Bradford.

Media in category "Kirkgate Market Bradford, carvings"

The following 32 files are in this category, out of 32 total.