English: The Knox Mansion is a historical mansion at 104 West 2nd Avenue in the city of Johnstown, New York. It was built in 1889 by the gelatine magnate and businessman Charles Knox, who owned Knox Gelatine, which had a factory in Johnstown. The Classical Revival mansion, which was designed by Peabody & Beauley and Linn Kane, has 42 rooms, an elevator, a grand staircase, and a solid lava ash fireplace which was imported from a castle in Italy. The house cost $1.2 million to build in 1889. The mansion It listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2008.
Media in category "Knox Mansion"
The following 6 files are in this category, out of 6 total.
- Knox Mansion from front.jpg 5,113 × 3,371; 2.7 MB
- Knox Mansion from west.jpg 5,035 × 3,292; 2.9 MB
- Knox Mansion left gargoyle.jpg 3,645 × 4,914; 3.47 MB
- Knox Mansion portico from east.jpg 4,907 × 3,681; 2.67 MB
- Knox Mansion portico from west.jpg 3,788 × 3,599; 2.33 MB
- Knox Mansion right gargoyle and entranceway.jpg 3,208 × 5,152; 2.96 MB