Kukkarahalli lake also called Kukkarhalli Kere (Lake is ‘’kere’’ in local Kannada language), located in the heart of the Mysore city, adjoins the Manasgangotri (en:University of Mysore), the Kalamandir (Rangyana) and the Central Food Technological Research Institute (CFTRI) campus (separated by the en:Hunsur Road). It provides lung-space to the city. en:Mummadi Krishnaraja Wodeyar, (1794 – 1868) of the Mysore Dynasty (Kingdom of Mysore) was responsible for getting the lake created, in the year 1864, to provide water for irrigation to about 4000 ha (10,000 acres) of land outside the city.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► University of Mysore (9 C)
Media in category "Kukkarahalli lake"
The following 5 files are in this category, out of 5 total.