Category:Kya (ship, 1907)
- Type: whale catcher
- O.N. 5332317
- Built by: Nylands mek.Verksted, Kristiania Norway
- Yard number: 175
- Completed: 1907/4
- Length: 27.8 m
- Beam: 5.5 m
- Draught:3.4 m
- BRT: 113 t
- NRT: 44 t
- Main engine: 1 x triple exp., 3-cyl, cyl.diam.: 10.5"-17"-28.5", slag/stroke: 20", 60 NHK. Built by the yard Later: diesels
- Boiler: dim.: 10,8'x9,9', kullfyrt m/2 fyrganger, (HF): 1.357 kv/ft Built by the yard
- 1907 Built as whale catcher GUNNAR HAMUNDARSON at Nylands mek.Verksted, Kristiania for Hans Ellefsen, Stokke.
- 1913 Purchased by A/S The New Zealand Whaling Co., Ltd. (Chr.Nielsen & Co), Larvik, renamed WHANGAREI
- 1914 Transferred to The Fremantle Whaling Co., Ltd.( Chr.Nielsen & Co), Larvik.
- 1916 Hired out to the Norwegian Government.
- 19?? Sold, renamed KYA.
- 193? Sold to Chr. Bjelland & Co., Stavanger renamed SMART.
- 1939 Requisitioned by the Norwegian Navy for use as patrol boat by 2nd. Sjøfartsdistrikt 13. Bevåkningsdivisjon.
- 1940 2nd. May, abandoned by crew at Grindheimsvågen, taken over by the German Navy, joined Hafenschutzflotille.
- 1946 Returned owners.
- 1946 Sold to A/S Seilas (Johan Burkeland), Bergen
- 1948 Diesel engine fitted, 4-stroke/single acting, 12-sylinder, 380 BHP, delivered by Dayey Paxman & Co., Ltd., Colchester (engine from 1945)
- 1950 Sold to Tollef og Olav Jacobsen, Hillevåg, Stavanger.
- 1951 New engine 2-stroke/single acting, 3-cylinder, syl.dim.: 200x320mm, 150 BHP. Delivered by A.M. Liaaen Skibsverft Ålesund, (engine built in 1943).
- 1956 Sold to Brødrene Nilsen, Oddernes, Kristiansand.
- 1964 New engine, 2-stroke/single acting, 4-sylinder, syl.dim.: 230x400mm, 280 BHP. Built by Alpha Diesel A/S, Frederikshavn, Denmark.
- 1975 Sold to Gunnar Havsgård P/R, Eikelandsosen, Bergen, converted to tanker, later to general cargo. Renamed HAGANES.
- 1998 Taken over by Løkeland Sjøtransport.
- 2000 Taken over by Brødrende Opstad P/R trans.
- 2001 Taken over by North Sea Shipping A/S.
- 2005 Sold to USA.
- 2008 Still in service, registered at St.Vincent & Grenadines ship register and used as cruise vessel in the Far East.
- Call sign: MHFC
Media in category "Kya (ship, 1907)"
This category contains only the following file.
- The ship "Kya" at Grip, 1922. (8423905216).jpg 3,987 × 2,336; 4.84 MB