Open main menu

Category:Lauriston (ship, 1892)

Q4459186 
Upload media
Authority control
Blue pencil.svg
Товарищ (барк) (ru); Tovarichtchi (fr) Барк «Товарищ» (ru)
English: The Lauriston was a four-masted steel ship built in 1892 by Workman, Clark & Co., Belfast for Galbraith & Moorhead, London. Then she had many British owners. 1905 reduced to a barque-rig. 1919 she was sold in to the Soviet Union for the Government Baltic Shipping Co., Leningrad, and was renamed Tovaritsch. Used as a sail-training ship. 1927 sold to Sovtorgflot, Archangelsk and sunk 1943 by German airplanes to blockade the entrance to the harbour of Mariupol (Sea of Azov).
Her dimensions were: 284.5 × 42 × 22.4 ft (86.7 × 12.8 × 6.8 m) and tonnage: 2301 GRT and 2133 NRT. Rigged with royal sails over double top and topgallant sails. There was no royal sail on the jigger mast. [1]

Names: