Category:Lewis Anthony Library
English: The Lewis W. Anthony Industrial Building was built in 1902 for Storer College, a historically black college in Harpers Ferry, West Virginia, that operated from 1867 to 1955. It was originally used for the college's industrial training classes but was converted to be its library in 1929, part of the school's movement away from being a trade school towards a more academically-oriented program typical of a four-year liberal arts college. The building is now called the Anthony Library or the Lewis W. Anthony Building and serves as the library for the National Park Services's Harpers Ferry Center. (Description sources: Clio and LOC)
|Located in protected area|
|Location||Storer College, Harpers Ferry, Jefferson County, West Virginia|
This category has only the following subcategory.
Media in category "Lewis Anthony Library"
The following 3 files are in this category, out of 3 total.
2022 Storer College, Lewis Anthony Library 1.jpg 3,714 × 3,024; 2.99 MB
2022 Storer College, Lewis Anthony Library 2.jpg 3,863 × 2,052; 2.06 MB
Library building at the former Storer College in Harpers Ferry, West Virginia LCCN2015631392.tif 7,360 × 4,912; 206.94 MB