English: Locke , also known as the Locke Historic District — an unincorporated community in the Sacramento – San Joaquin River Delta region, in Sacramento County, California.
- Locke is located in the primarily agricultural region south of Sacramento, near State Route 160.
- The settlement was built by Chinese immigrants during the early 20th century. It was originally named Lockeport, after George Locke who owned the land that the town was built upon, at a time when Chinese people were not allowed to own land.
- Locke was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in Sacramento County in 1971 and further was designated a National Historic Landmark District as the Locke Historic District in 1990 due to its unique example of a historic Chinese American rural community.
Media in category "Locke, California"
The following 200 files are in this category, out of 205 total.(previous page) (next page)
- Locke alleyway.jpg 295 KB
- Locke bowing building.jpg 222 KB
- Locke memorial.jpg 337 KB
- Locke p1080790.jpg 1.86 MB
- Locke shop.jpg 2.04 MB
- Locke, street view.jpg 1.7 MB