Category:Lonar crater lake
Lonar Lake, which was created by a meteor hitting the Earth, is a saltwater lake in Buldhana district, Maharashtra, India. The crater thereby formed is the only en:hypervelocity meteoritic impact crater on basalt rock. A lake that evolved in the resulting basaltic rock formation, is both saline and alkaline in nature. Geologists, ecologists, archaeologists, naturalists and astronomers have reported several studies on the various aspects of this crater lake ecosystem. The crater's age is estimated to be 52,000 ± 6,000 years (Pleistocene). It is the second largest impact crater in basaltic rock and is partially filled by a salt water lake.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Daitya Sudan temple (4 F)
Media in category "Lonar crater lake"
The following 26 files are in this category, out of 26 total.
- At the lonar crater.jpg 29 KB
- Forest at Lonar Lake.jpg 110 KB
- Gomukh at Lonar.JPG 1.62 MB
- Lonar Crater Aug 2011.jpg 2.82 MB
- Lonar Crater Lake from space.JPG 2.85 MB
- Lonar crater lake Temple.jpg 241 KB
- Lonar crater lake.jpg 207 KB
- Lonar crater satellite.jpg 363 KB
- Lonar crater.jpg 37 KB
- Lonar Crater.jpg 1.38 MB
- Lonar in the evening.jpg 212 KB
- Lonar Lake.jpg 80 KB
- Lonar Meteorite Crater.JPG 162 KB
- Lonar Panorama.JPG 431 KB
- Lonar-Crater.jpg 1.56 MB
- LONAR.jpg 1.36 MB
- Lonar.jpg 3.01 MB
- LonarCrater.jpg 790 KB
- Shiv tempe @ Lonar.jpg 6.72 MB
- Temple @ Lonar.jpg 9.2 MB
- The lonar crater.jpg 27 KB