Category:London Underground rolling stock
- Main Wikipedia article: London Underground rolling stock
All current passenger trains on London Underground are electric multiple units that run on 630 volts dc supplied by two current rails, known as the third and fourth rails. Engineering trains are operated by battery electric locomotives.
Previously electric locomotives and even steam locomotives were used.
The trains come in two sizes the larger trains are built to the mainline loading gauge and run on the older sub-surface lines. The trains that run on the newer deep level tube lines are much smaller.
This category has the following 14 subcategories, out of 14 total.
- ► London Underground battery locomotives (40 F)
- ► London Underground coaches (1 C, 14 F)
- ► London Underground diesel locomotives (2 C, 7 F)
- ► London Underground train interiors (20 C, 19 F)
- ► London Underground steam locomotives (6 C, 4 F)
- ► Train liveries of London Underground (2 C)
Media in category "London Underground rolling stock"
The following 19 files are in this category, out of 19 total.