English: In fortification a lunette was originally an outwork of half-moon shape; later it became a redan with short flanks, in trace somewhat resembling a bastion standing by itself without curtains on either side. The gorge was generally open. (→Lunette (fortification))
Italiano: In architettura una lunetta era originariamente un'opera esterna a forma di mezzaluna. (→Lunetta (fortificazione))
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
- Lunet B (18 F)
- Lunette 'Admiral Litke' (5 F)
- Lunetten op de Houtense Vlakte (5 C, 1 P, 1 F)
- Redans (2 C, 13 F)
Media in category "Lunettes (fortification)"
The following 31 files are in this category, out of 31 total.
- Intramuros Manila 1898.jpg 1,727 × 1,251; 2.12 MB
- Maastricht2015, naamsteen voormalig lunet Bentinck bij stadswal Aldenhofpark.jpg 2,400 × 1,743; 2.15 MB
- Palmanova1600.jpg 2,013 × 1,520; 1.4 MB
- Texel - Oudeschild - Redoute - Bolwerk - View WSW III.jpg 6,042 × 4,027; 18.89 MB