Category:Main (ship, 1900)
Wikimedia disambiguation page
|Instance of||Wikimedia disambiguation page|
- Built by Blohm & Voss,
- Feb 10, 1900 launched,
- April 22, 1900 delivered.
- 10,067 GRT
- Length 520 ft, width 58 ft
- Two quadruple expansion engines
- Twin screws, 14.5 kn
- Passengers: 139 I, 125 II, 2500 Tweendeck
- April 28, 1900 start of maiden voyage Bremerhaven - New York.
- June 30,1900, the ship as well as two other Lloyd steamers suffered heavy damage by a pier fire at Hoboken piers in the New York harbor.
- October 15, 1901, following repairs at Newport News on duty again.
- June 1914, last voyage from Bremen to Baltimore, afterwards seized by allied forces of World War 1
- May 21, 1919 turned over to British Shipping Controller and operated by Turner, Brightman & Co.
- June 30, 1921 turned over to French government and laid up
- 1925 scrapped
Media in category "Main (ship, 1900)"
This category contains only the following file.
- S.S. Main.jpg 3,247 × 2,332; 1.15 MB