Category:Man of Sorrows
Biblical term and theme in Christian art, from Is. 55:3–6: “He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows […] he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities […] the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.”
|Instance of||artistic theme|
|Ecce homo||Man of Sorrows|
|Real story: balcony or stairs
(or without background), Pontius Pilate,
|Imaginably (Isaiah 53:1-3): |
(or with open tomb), with angels
|Christ is still alive, and his hands
are tied, may hold sceptre.
|Christ is dead or resurected|
and his hands are with stigmata.
This category has the following 10 subcategories, out of 10 total.
- ► Mass of Saint Gregory (4 C, 22 F)
- ► Drawings of the Man of Sorrows (2 F)
- ► Engravings of the Man of Sorrows (16 F)
- ► Icons of the Man of Sorrows (3 F)
- ► Paintings of the Man of Sorrows (7 C, 3 F)
Media in category "Man of Sorrows"
The following 6 files are in this category, out of 6 total.
- 15th-century painters - Vir Dolorum (Man of Sorrows) - WGA15882.jpg 636 × 446; 86 KB
- Homme des douleurs et instruments de la Passion.jpg 1,400 × 3,011; 1.49 MB
- Rothschild Canticles (f. 19r) Man of Sorrows.gif 512 × 768; 286 KB
- Rubens (Ecce Homo).jpg 1,132 × 1,478; 325 KB
- St. Katharina Alt-Hürth, Schmerzensmann (um 1700).jpg 3,456 × 5,184; 10.15 MB