Category:Marlboro Meeting House Congregational Church
The Marlboro Meeting House Congregational Church on South Road in Marlboro, Vermont was organized in 1776, and its first church built at the top of Town Hill in 1778. In 1820, it was replaced by a newer structure nearby, and timbers and board from the old church were used in 1822 to build a Town House, used for Town Meetings. Between 1836 and 1844 both of these building were moved down the hill to about their current locations. The church burned down in 1931 was replaced by the current one. The current building is roughly a reproduction of its predecessor, except slightly smaller. (Source: Forrest Holzapfel, Town Historian, April 2012 and Marlboro Historical Society website)
Media in category "Marlboro Meeting House Congregational Church"
The following 4 files are in this category, out of 4 total.
- Marlboro Meeting House Church from side.jpg 1,652 × 1,963; 803 KB
- Marlboro Meeting House Congregational Church Marlboro Vermont.jpg 1,728 × 2,225; 878 KB
- Meeting house marlboro vermont 20040911 crop.jpg 548 × 579; 41 KB
- Meeting house marlboro vermont 20040911.jpg 800 × 600; 57 KB