Category:Marlboro Town House
The Town House on South Road in Marlboro, Vermont, was built in 1822 and is used for Town Meetings. The building was originally built from timbers and boards salvaged from the town's first church when it was replaced with a newer structure, and stood near the church at the top of Town Hill. Both buildings were moved to South Road between 1836 and 1844, although the Town House was on the east side of the road until 1966, when a new, oversized snow plow hit it at that location, and it was moved to its current site. Despite its name, the nearby Meeting House Congregational Church was not used for Town Meetings. (Source: Forrest Holzapfel, Town Historian, April 2012 and Marlboro Historical Society website)
Media in category "Marlboro Town House"
The following 3 files are in this category, out of 3 total.
- Marlboro Town (Meeting) House Marlboro Vermont.jpg 2,138 × 1,396; 684 KB
- Marlboro Town House side view.jpg 2,075 × 1,347; 545 KB
- Marlboro Town House.jpg 1,775 × 1,123; 625 KB