English: The Mekong is one of the world's major rivers.
- It is the 10th-longest river in the world, and the 10th-largest by volume (discharging 475 km³ of water annually). Its estimated length is 4,023 km. It is primarily within the geographic Indochinese region.
- It drains an area of 795,000 km²: From Tibet it runs through China's Yunnan province, Myanmar, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam.
river in Southeast Asia
|Instance of||Transboundary river|
|Location||People's Republic of China, Myanmar, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam|
|Heritage designation|| |
|Elevation above sea level|| |
|Origin of the watercourse|
|Mouth of the watercourse|
|Drainage basin|| |
This category has the following 10 subcategories, out of 10 total.
- ► Historical images of the Mekong River (1 C, 3 F)
- ► Maps of the Mekong (37 F)
- ► Mekong in unidentified countries (4 F)
- ► Bridges over the Mekong (9 C, 11 F)
- ► Confluences of the Mekong (1 C, 1 F)
- ► Tributaries of the Mekong (9 C, 6 F)
- ► Water transport on the Mekong River (2 C, 16 F)
Media in category "Mekong"
The following 4 files are in this category, out of 4 total.
- Ruak River and Mekong River.jpg 1,296 × 968; 474 KB
- Seasonal flooding in Thailand and Cambodia 2002 October 9.jpg 1,150 × 1,500; 376 KB
- Thailand.A2001334.0350.500m.jpg 2,600 × 2,000; 1.04 MB
- The rivers of Tibet.png 868 × 503; 59 KB