Category:Meserich Synagogue(Redirected from Category:Meseritz Synagogue)
|Location||Manhattan, United States of America|
Meserich Shul or Meseritz Shul, also known as Edes Israel Anshei Mesrich, Edath Lei'Isroel Ansche Meseritz or Adas Yisroel Anshe Mezeritz at 415 East 6th Street between Avenue A and First Avenue in the East Village neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City was originally built as a private dwelling, but was converted in 1910 by Hermann Horenburger. The building is in the Neo-Classical style. The congregation, whose name translates as Community of Israel, People of Meseritz (Prussian province of Posen; Meseritz was renamed as Międzyrzecz in 1945), was founded in 1892. It is located within the East Village/Lower East Side Historic District (Sources: "East Village/Lower East Side Historic District Designation Report" and From Abyssinian to Zion (2004))
Media in category "Meserich Synagogue"
The following 8 files are in this category, out of 8 total.
- Congregation Adas Yisroel Anshe Mezeritz.jpg 1,396 × 2,144; 667 KB
- Congregation Mezritch NYC.jpg 200 × 280; 63 KB
- Meserich Synagogue.jpg 4,512 × 3,000; 10.53 MB
- WSTM Team Dustizeff 0087.jpg 1,360 × 2,048; 1.48 MB
- WSTM Team Dustizeff 0088.jpg 2,048 × 1,360; 1.66 MB
- WSTM Team Dustizeff 0089.jpg 2,048 × 1,360; 1.96 MB
- WSTM Three Blind Mice 0105.JPG 2,448 × 3,264; 2.42 MB
- WSTM Three Blind Mice 0106.JPG 2,448 × 3,264; 2.59 MB