English: A metropolitan area is a region consisting of a densely populated urban core and its surrounding territories sharing industries, commercial areas, transport network, infrastructures and housing.
region consisting of a densely populated urban core and its less-populated but economically-linked surroundings
|Subclass of||human settlement,|
statistical territorial entity,
political territorial entity,
administrative territorial entity
|Has part or parts|
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
Pages in category "Metropolitan areas"
This category contains only the following page.
Media in category "Metropolitan areas"
The following 5 files are in this category, out of 5 total.
- 2006megacities.PNG 1,425 × 625; 64 KB
- Fotomontaje de La Paz.png 1,620 × 2,864; 9.7 MB
- LPB 591.png 1,378 × 2,872; 8.38 MB
- OECD Top 10 Metro GDP.png 2,187 × 1,351; 289 KB
- Students Making a Model of Metropolitan Suburbs(GN08845).jpg 3,264 × 2,448; 1.05 MB