Category:Middlesex Opera House
former movie theater in Middletown, Connecticut, United States
|Instance of||movie theater,|
|Part of||Metro South Historic District|
|Location||Middletown, Middlesex County, Connecticut|
This is a category about a place or building that is listed on the National Register of Historic Places in the United States of America. Its reference number is
English: The Middlesex Opera House, 179 Main Street, Middletown, Connecticut, USA was designed by Francis H. Kimball and built 1892. It was soon renamed as Middlesex Theater (restored after a fire 1924, eventually a cinema); abandoned in the 1970s. A separate 1926 building around the corner at 109-111 College Street functioned for over 40 years as the entrance to the theater. That building is now Tuscany Grill. Both buildings are contributing properties of the Metro South Historic District, which is on the National Register of Historic Places.
Media in category "Middlesex Opera House"
The following 11 files are in this category, out of 11 total.
- Abandoned movie theater - Middletown, CT - 1977.jpg 1,837 × 1,805; 545 KB
- Middletown, CT - 179 Main St 01.jpg 4,288 × 2,848; 5.82 MB
- Middletown, CT - former Middlesex Theater 01.jpg 4,288 × 2,848; 6.31 MB
- Middletown, CT - former Middlesex Theater 02.jpg 4,288 × 2,848; 5.66 MB
- Middletown, CT - former Middlesex Theater 03.jpg 4,288 × 2,848; 6.93 MB
- Middletown, CT - former Middlesex Theater 04.jpg 4,288 × 2,848; 5.65 MB
- Middletown, CT - Plaza Middlesex Buildings on College St 01.jpg 4,288 × 2,848; 5.15 MB