English: Millhousebridge ( Gd: Drochaid a' Mhuilinn) is a village in Dumfries and Galloway, Scotland. It lies on the River Annan, and is situated 4 miles northwest of Lockerbie. It is a small village with a population of just under 100. There is an old house at the top of the road which used to be a school. It lies on a great sandstone slab which covers much of the area. The bridge was built in 1834, it is the largest single span bridge in Dumfries and Galloway. Much of the village was built around 1814 as an estate village for the Jardines of Jardine Hall. The houses were built of sandstone from nearby Corncockle Quarry.
Media in category "Millhousebridge"
The following 5 files are in this category, out of 5 total.
- Mapa dg drochaid a' mhuillinn.jpg 2,004 × 1,363; 599 KB
- Pasture at Bridgemuir - geograph.org.uk - 729243.jpg 640 × 480; 95 KB
- Railway line at Breckenry - geograph.org.uk - 543436.jpg 640 × 480; 102 KB
- Steven's Croft Biomass Plant - geograph.org.uk - 800207.jpg 640 × 480; 75 KB
- The bridge at Millhousebridge (geograph 3346444).jpg 640 × 480; 105 KB