Category:Milton James Burns
English: Milton James Burns: Milton J. Burns was born January 9, 1853 in Mt. Gilead, Ohio. He studied at the Art Student's League and National Academy of Design in New York City in the 1870's. Burns served on fishing vessels along the East Coast. He was an illustrator for St. Nicholas Magazine, Scribners Century, Literary Digest, and made many trips to illustrate for Harpers. Burns exhibited at the National Academy from 1875-1889 with New York addresses, and the London Fisheries Exhibition in 1883.
- (Source: Mystic Seaport)
American illustrator and photographer
|Date of birth||9 January 1853|
|Date of death||27 December 1933|
|Country of citizenship|
This category has only the following subcategory.
Media in category "Milton James Burns"
The following 6 files are in this category, out of 6 total.
- PROWSE(1895) Newfoundland, p649 A STREET CORNER, ST. PIERRE.jpg 1,318 × 1,927; 1.39 MB
- PROWSE(1895) Newfoundland, p654 ON BOARD A MODERN FRENCH BANKER. DECOLLEURS AT WORK.jpg 1,445 × 1,117; 1.1 MB
- PROWSE(1895) Newfoundland, p655 FISHING FOR COD ON THE BANKS FROM A DORIS.jpg 1,421 × 1,100; 1,009 KB
- PROWSE(1895) Newfoundland, p662 SPREADING FISH, ST. PIERRE.jpg 1,571 × 2,087; 1.82 MB
- Ericsson's Destroyer - Cassier's 1895-01.png 2,248 × 1,236; 2.04 MB
- Vandalia (ship, 1841) - Cassier's 1894-12.png 2,272 × 2,116; 3.54 MB