Category:Moriarty Library, Lunder Arts Center
English: The John and Carol Moriarty Library of the Lunder Arts Center in the Porter Campus of Lesley University, located at 1801 Massachusetts Avenue, south of Porter Square in Cambridge, Massachusetts, was originally built in 1845 on Kirkland Street near Harvard Square, for the congregation of the Old Cambridge Baptist Church. It was sold in 1866 and renamed the North Avenue Congregational Church. The following year, the building was moved to 1803 Massachusetts Avenue, just north of where the building now stands. Also known as the North Prospect Congregational Church, the building was purchased in 2006 by Lesley University after the congregation moved to Medford, Massachusetts. The university used the building, which it renamed Prospect Hall, for an auditorium and lecture hall until preparations began for the creation of the Lunder Arts Center, at which time they renovated and restored the building and sold or donated many of the church fixtures, while adding a cupola. In order to construct a new building for the Arts Center, the church building was moved approximately 100 feet south in 2013. It is connected to University Hall by a 2-story building. The church building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1983.
Media in category "Moriarty Library, Lunder Arts Center"
The following 6 files are in this category, out of 6 total.
- John and Carol Moriarty Library - Art and Design.JPG 2,448 × 3,264; 1.98 MB
- Lesley Univeristy Lunder Arts Center, Moriarty Library 1801 Mass Ave Cambridge.jpg 2,935 × 3,818; 2.46 MB
- Lesley University - Prospect Hall - IMG 1388.jpg 2,448 × 3,264; 2.46 MB
- North Prospect Church.jpg 2,592 × 1,944; 1.78 MB
- NorthProspectChurchAtCurrentSiteCirca1900.gif 345 × 390; 133 KB
- NorthProspectChurchAtOriginalSite.gif 345 × 432; 124 KB