- Note: Moschiola indica was recently segregated by Groves and Meijaard (2005) as a species separate from Moschiola meminna, which they reserved for animals from parts of Sri Lanka. This segregation is founded upon a Phylogenetic Species Concept. Many sources up to 2005 referred to Indian animals as part of M. meminna (seen as the only species in the genus). Prior to Groves and Grubb (1987), the taxa within Moschiola were commonly referred to as Tragulus meminna. It is therefore under these two names (Moschiola meminna and Tragulus meminna) that most information on the species can be found.
Media in category "Moschiola indica"
The following 8 files are in this category, out of 8 total.
- Indian Spotted Chevrotain (Moschiola indica) (20132978459).jpg 3,096 × 2,064; 4.41 MB
- Indian Spotted Chevrotain (Moschiola indica).JPG 700 × 464; 338 KB
- Moschiola indica - GMZ 1.jpg 800 × 600; 66 KB
- Moschiola indica in Singapore Zoo.jpg 3,264 × 2,448; 5.94 MB