Mushrooms and toadstools are a particular type of fungi. They have a stalk which is sterile, and a cap which produces spores on the gills, pores or spines of its underside. "Toadstools" is a term for poisonous mushrooms. Mushrooms include many well-known fungi, such as agarics, boletes, and even some polypores. However, mushrooms are a form taxon and not a natural group - some of them are closer related to fungi growing in other shapes, such as shelf fungi or puffballs, than to other mushrooms.
|Category Mushrooms on sister projects:|
This category has the following 22 subcategories, out of 22 total.
- ► Featured pictures of mushrooms (30 F)
- ► Close-up photographs of mushrooms (1 C, 76 F)
- ► Dried mushrooms (35 F)
- ► Grass and mushrooms (23 F)
- ► Mushrooms in heraldry (31 F)
- ► Mushroom-shaped objects (6 C, 23 F)
- ► Unidentified fungi (11 C, 1310 F)
Pages in category "Mushrooms"
This category contains only the following page.
Media in category "Mushrooms"
The following 6 files are in this category, out of 6 total.