Mushrooms and toadstools are a particular type of fungi. They have a stalk which is sterile, and a cap which produces spores on the gills, pores or spines of its underside. "Toadstools" is a term for poisonous mushrooms. Mushrooms include many well-known fungi, such as agarics, boletes, and even some polypores. However, mushrooms are a form taxon and not a natural group - some of them are closer related to fungi growing in other shapes, such as shelf fungi or puffballs, than to other mushrooms.
|Category Mushrooms on sister projects:|
fleshy, spore-bearing fruiting body of a fungus, typically produced above ground on soil or on its food source
This category has the following 25 subcategories, out of 25 total.
- ► Featured pictures of mushrooms (49 F)
- ► Dried mushrooms (45 F)
- ► Grass and mushrooms (81 F)
- ► Mushrooms in heraldry (32 F)
- ► Mushroom shape (3 C, 5 F)
- ► Unidentified fungi (12 C, 2657 F)
- ► Wild mushrooms (4 C, 1 F)
Pages in category "Mushrooms"
This category contains only the following page.
Media in category "Mushrooms"
The following 4 files are in this category, out of 4 total.
- Champignons mushrooms (950475736).jpg 1,530 × 1,530; 2.13 MB
- Edible and poisonous mushrooms of Ukrainian Carpathians.JPG 4,000 × 2,240; 3.44 MB
- Mushroom cap morphology.png 1,347 × 1,822; 1.15 MB
- Mushroom cap morphology2.png 1,347 × 1,822; 422 KB