Category:NRCS New York distribution maps
English: United States Department of Agriculture—USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service distribution maps of the Flora of New York.
- These maps are from the USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service PLANTS Database (www.plants.usda.gov/java/).
- The USDA PLANTS Database contains the disclaimer:
- Our county data are based primarily on the literature, herbarium specimens, and confirmed observations. However, not all populations have been documented, so some gaps in the distribution shown above may not be real.
- Remember that only native and naturalized populations are mapped.
- These maps have been modified from the originals as follows:
- Width was reduced from 600px to 500px by reducing horizontal resolution (to remove stretch).
- Height was reduced from 450px to 375px by cropping the "PLANTS Database" logo from the bottom and taking a little off the top to center the map vertically.
- Format was changed from JPEG to 8-color indexed PNG with no dithering, as a quick way to get rid of the more obvious high-compression JPEG artifacts in the original, while reducing file size.
- This mode change usually, but not always, results in the field colors RGB(225-235-224) and (121-204-132). The very rare obvious deviations have been fixed.
- More recent maps have been converted to the indexed mode using the fixed color table:
00 00 00 FF FF FF 82 CC 82 E0 EB E0 33 33 33 66 66 66 99 99 99 CC CC CC
- This precludes the rare occasions of a missing color (like when the only reports of a plant have been from ballast piles in The Bronx).
Pages in category "NRCS New York distribution maps"
The following 13 pages are in this category, out of 13 total.
- NRCS New York distribution maps
- NRCS New York distribution maps - Equisetales…Salviniales
- NRCS New York distribution maps - Pinales
- NRCS New York distribution maps - Dioscoreales…Liliales
- NRCS New York distribution maps - Fabales
- NRCS New York distribution maps - Rosales
- NRCS New York distribution maps - Violales
- NRCS New York distribution maps - Myrtales…Crossosomatales
- NRCS New York distribution maps - Sapindales
- NRCS New York distribution maps - Malvales
- NRCS New York distribution maps - Solanales
- NRCS New York distribution maps - Lamiales
- NRCS New York distribution maps - Asterales
Media in category "NRCS New York distribution maps"
The following 200 files are in this category, out of 1,649 total.(previous page) (next page)
- Acer × freemanii NY-d...
- Aegopodium podagraria...
- Agalinis maritima var...
- Agrimonia gryposepala...
- Amaranthus cannabinus...
- Ambrosia × helenae NY...
- Amelanchier humilis ×...
- Amelanchier sanguinea...
- Andropogon glomeratus...
- Anemone multifida var...
- Angelica atropurpurea...
- Anthriscus sylvestris...
- Apocynum × floribundu...
- Aristida adscensionis...
- Artemisia biennis var...
- Artemisia dracunculus...
- Artemisia stelleriana...
- Asclepias quadrifolia...
- Asplenium platyneuron...
- Asplenium trichomanes...
- Asplenium trichomanes...
- Asplenium × ebenoides...