Category:Naval Air Station Pensacola
English: Naval Air Station Pensacola or NAS Pensacola (IATA: NPA, ICAO: KNPA, FAA LID: NPA), "The Cradle of Naval Aviation", is a United States Navy base located in Warrington, Florida, a community southwest of the Pensacola city limits. Their premier function is and always has been the training of Navy and Marine Corps aviators to fly a variety of aircraft from the decks of a variety of vessels termed generally carriers. It is safe to say that but few pilots who fly for the Navy can escape being trained at Pensacola. There are many subsidiary functions as well; however, training of infantry for amphibious landings is the task of other bases. Under the umbrella of the NAS are several locations and numerous commands housed in multiple complexes of buildings often called "sub-installations." Note that the categories listed below do not necessarily apply to circumstances and institutions currently in existence. The media span over a century, during which specific organizations and equipment changed frequently. They continue to change. Similarly, the dates of the media are not necessarily the dates of the events. Many contain requests for dating to the public. The media displayed are those contributed by the public. They do not represent all the events at the base or even the most characteristic. Of special interest to the historian of American naval aviation are the more than 2200 images contributed by the National Museum of Naval Aviation, included under that category.
This category has the following 32 subcategories, out of 32 total.
- ► Archaeology at NAS Pensacola (5 F)
- ► Distinguished guests at NAS Pensacola (29 F)
- ► Events at Naval Air Station Pensacola (3 C, 2 F)
- ► Forrest Sherman Field (14 F)
- ► Information warfare at NAS Pensacola (1 C, 8 F)
- ► Medicine at NAS Pensacola (1 C, 10 F)
- ► Veterinarian services, NAS Pensacola (2 F)
- ► Water Survival Course, Pensacola (29 F)
Media in category "Naval Air Station Pensacola"
The following 25 files are in this category, out of 25 total.
- Craig R. Bomben DVIDS733867.jpg 1,536 × 1,408; 223 KB
- DHC U-1B Otter U.S. Navy Pensacola 15.12.02R.jpg 2,032 × 1,168; 172 KB
- IATP Students Discuss Topics on Anti-terrorism 170818-N-VJ084-0005.jpg 4,314 × 3,451; 2.04 MB
- Marines ensure Super Stallions can ride herd on Marine Corps missions 140710-M-OB827-021.jpg 4,956 × 2,916; 9.71 MB
- NAS Pensacola logo;seal.gif 108 × 114; 8 KB
- Retired Col. George "Bud" Day funeral 121219-F-HG908-004.jpg 2,244 × 3,141; 3.28 MB
- Richard G. Ewers DVIDS728877.jpg 1,536 × 1,408; 283 KB
- Senior NATO Airman visits Air Force school at Navy base 170623-F-WG850-0189.jpg 5,904 × 3,936; 2.45 MB
- Senior NATO Airman visits Air Force school at Navy base 170623-F-WG850-0198.jpg 4,800 × 3,200; 2.36 MB
- Senior NATO Airman visits Air Force school at Navy base 170623-F-WG850-0222.jpg 5,904 × 3,936; 1.95 MB
- Speicher jet nas pensacola.jpg 2,592 × 1,944; 1.13 MB
- T-39 trainer sneaking off before the Blues start (8249012612).jpg 640 × 295; 24 KB
- US Navy 020509-N-0000N-001 T-39 Sabreliner.jpg 3,000 × 2,400; 759 KB
- US Navy 020509-N-0000N-002 T-39 Sabreliner.jpg 3,000 × 2,400; 730 KB
- US Navy 021109-N-5862D-002 Off-duty Sailors enjoy some time off dancing to music.jpg 3,008 × 1,960; 1.02 MB