Category:Neighborhood Playhouse (Grand Street)
The Neighborhood Playhouse at 466 Grand Street at the corner of Pitt Street in the Lower East Side neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City was built in 1913-15 and was designed by Ingalls & Hoffman in the neo-Georgian style. The playhouse was founded by Alice and Irene Lewisohn as part of the Henry Street Settlement, and the sisters also founded the theatre company by the same name which was located there from 1915 to 1927. The Alwin Nikolais dance company was located in the theatre from 1948-1970, and the New Federal Theatre has performed in the theatre since 1971. The theatre is now the Harry De Jur Playhouse of the Henry Street Settlement. It was designated a NYC Landmark in 2011. (Source: "NYCPLC Designation Report")
Media in category "Neighborhood Playhouse (Grand Street)"
The following 5 files are in this category, out of 5 total.
- Neighborhood Playhouse entrance.jpg 2,448 × 3,264; 2.18 MB
- Neighborhood Playhouse side wall.jpg 2,710 × 1,845; 761 KB
- Neighborhood Playhouse, Grand Street, Manhattan.jpg 4,474 × 3,052; 7.37 MB
- Neighborhood Playhouse.jpg 3,264 × 2,448; 2.32 MB